Baked French Toast
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 3 hr
- 1Beat eggs in a bowl. Whisk in milk, heavy cream, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt.
- 2Working in batches, dip 10 slices day-old brioche into batter to coat. Overlap brioche slices in a 9-by-13-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Pour remaining batter over top. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Top with pecans and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar. Bake, covered with parchment-lined foil, for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until top is golden brown and crunchy, 20 to 25 minutes more. Serve with syrup.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 10 slices day-old brioche (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup pecans (coarsely chopped or crushed)
- Maple syrup, for serving