Prep: 25 mins
Total: 1 hr 5 mins
Makes 8 large or about 14 small cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Beat butter in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar; beat until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla; beat until just combined.
- 3Slowly add flour mixture, and beat until well combined. Add oats, almonds, seeds, coconut, raisins or currants, mango, and papaya, and beat to combine.
- 4Form dough into 8 cookies (using 1 cup each) or about 14 smaller cookies (using 1/2 cup each), and place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Top with banana chips. Bake until golden and firm, 30 minutes for large cookies and 20-25 minutes for smaller cookies. Let cool completely on baking sheets, about 30 minutes.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried papaya
- 1 cup banana chips
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week.