Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 2In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed throughout. Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a 4-ounce (2 3/4-inch) ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden around the edges, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. (Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days).
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips