Potatoes, Leeks, and Carrots in Parchment
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 35 mins
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes, leeks, carrots, thyme, and butter (if using) in center of a 24-inch-long piece of parchment. Season with salt and pepper. Fold into a twist or envelope shape.
- 2Place packet on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until packet is puffed up and potatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3/4 pound small new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 medium leeks (white parts only), halved lengthwise, rinsed well, and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound small carrots, halved crosswise if long, or large carrots, cut into thin 3-inch sticks
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional), cut into small pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper