Quick Coq au Vin Blanc
Prep: 40 mins
Total: 1 hr
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Brown bacon in a large, straight-sided ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Season chicken with salt and pepper; sprinkle with flour. Working in 2 batches, add to skillet, skin-side down; cook until golden, about 4 minutes a side. Transfer to plate. Remove all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet.
- 2Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and mushrooms; season with salt. Cook until golden in spots, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 30 seconds. Add wine; boil until evaporated, about 8 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Return chicken and juices to skillet; top with bacon. Cook in oven until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken (without touching bone) registers 165°, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; serve over noodles.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3½ pounds total)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, for sprinkling
- 10 ounces frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved (quartered, if large)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, for serving
- Cooked egg noodles tossed with olive oil or butter, for serving