Seared Halibut Tacos with Grapefruit-Avocado Salsa
- 1Make salsa: Combine grapefruit, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-high heat. Season halibut generously with salt and pepper and sear, undisturbed, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden and flaky, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove and let cool slightly, then flake with a fork.
- 3Toast tortillas over a gas burner, turning, until lightly charred, about 1 minute. Top with fish, salsa, and cabbage.
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, segmented and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage