Squash and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 1Heat butter in a 10-inch nonstick straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and squash and sauté until it begins to turn golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- 2Heat broiler. Use a whisk to lightly beat eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in cream, basil, and chives and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 3Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook, using a heatproof flexible spatula to stir and push egg from edges to center of pan so runny parts run underneath, until eggs are almost set (they should still be wet on top but otherwise set throughout), 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Drop dollops of goat cheese on top of frittata, distributing evenly and pressing down into eggs a bit with the spatula. Sprinkle evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Broil until frittata is set on top and has puffed slightly, and cheese is melted and golden, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- 5Gently run the spatula around the edges and underneath the frittata and carefully slide out of pan onto a plate. Slice into six wedges and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound mixed small zucchini and yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick (1 1/2 cups)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 basil leaves, sliced into chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano or Asiago cheese, finely grated (1/2 cup)