Whole-Grain Waffles with Sliced Strawberries and Yogurt
- 1Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- 2Stir egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- 3Coat waffle iron with cooking spray. For deep, Belgian-style waffles, fill each cavity with 1/2 cup batter and cook until golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes (or according to manufacturer's instructions).
- 4Serve with strawberries, a dollop of yogurt, and a drizzle of syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour (not stone-ground)
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup, for drizzling